Philatelic Auction of Multiple Estate Collections
This auction is from several Estate colletions
Highlights include C13-C15 Zepp set, C18 block of 4 and much more.
Stamp lots begin at #2001.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- This is a public auction, including absentee bids, conducted by Centennial Auctions (“Centennial”). Centennial is operated by Scofield Auctions, Inc. The principal auctioneer is Stephen H. Schofield, NH #2272.
- All floor bidders must register with the clerk and receive a bidder number.
- A Twenty Percent (20%) Buyer’s Premium will be added to the hammer price of each lot and shall be paid by the buyer as part of the purchase price.
- Bids are conducted by numbered lot and no lots shall be broken. All bidders are urged to closely inspect each lot of interest.
- Centennial sells at a rate of over one hundred (100) lots per hour. If you are attending in person, plan your bidding accordingly.
- Centennial is not responsible for any errors in bidding. Bidders are responsible for bidding on the correct lot numbers; please reference the auction catalog to avoid any confusion.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any item before or during the sale, to regulate the bidding, to bid on behalf of the owner, to combine lots, and to accept or reject any and all bids.
- Centennial reserves the right to postpone the auction. There shall be no recourse as a result of any such postponement.
- The record of the sale kept by Centennial will be taken as final in the event of any dispute.
- No lots may be returned. All of these sales are final. Property is being displayed for thorough public inspection and shall be sold as is, where is, and without recourse for any refund or reduction of the sale price. All bidders are urged to closely inspect each lot of interest. Bids are by numbered lot. No lots will be broken.
- Upon the fall of the hammer, or when the Auctioneer says “sold,” title to the property shall pass to the highest bidder. The auctioneer shall have sole discretion in deciding the successful bidder in the event of a bidding dispute. Auctioneer’s determination of the successful bidder shall be the final determination of the successful bidder.
- All floor purchases must be paid in full and removed from the premises on the day of sale. Payment shall be in cash, bank or traveler’s checks, wire transfers, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card. Credit card charges will be limited to Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00). Personal checks may be acceptable if credit has been established with Centennial prior to sale. Centennial reserves the right to hold merchandise purchased by check until funds are collected. All dollar amounts shall be referenced and paid in the legal tender of the United States of America.
- Centennial charges Thirty Dollars ($30.00) for returned checks. Anyone passing a bad check will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Buyer agrees to pay any and all charges and expenses incurred, including, without limitation, reasonable collections, and/or attorneys’ fees.
- Absentee bid sheets must be signed and dated. Unsigned bid sheets are invalid and bids will not be executed. Frivolous bids, not remotely commensurate with value, will be rejected.
- Absentee bids shall be executed competitively against other bidders. Absentee bidders may bid in whole dollars only. Any absentee bids that do not conform to the auctioneers’ increments, shall be rounded down to the nearest conforming bid, e.g. an absentee bid of $92.00 would become $90.00. Bidding increments are dependent upon lot valuation and the auctioneer’s right to regulate the bidding.
- Absentee bids are recorded in the order received. When identical bids are tendered, the earliest postmark or lot viewing date takes precedence. Floor bids, at the discretion of Centennial, may take precedence over absentee bids. Phone bidding must be pre-arranged at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to the auction.
- Any shipping, handling, and insurance charges are the buyer’s responsibility and shall be paid by each absentee bidder. Minimum shipping charge is Five Dollars ($5.00). Prices may be adjusted in accordance with the size, weight, value, and quantity of lots purchased. Purchased items shall be shipped within two (2) business days of the receipt of guaranteed funds. Personal checks must clear before shipment is made. Third party checks are not acceptable for payment of an absentee bidder’s invoice.
- Successful absentee bidders will be invoiced no later than two (2) business days after the auction. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice.
- Property shall be displayed for thorough public inspection and sold as is, where is, and without recourse for any refund or reduction of the sale price for either floor bidders or absentee bidders.
- This auction is being conducted under appropriate state and local laws and the Uniform Commercial Code. Any additional terms or conditions of sale shall be announced prior to the auction. Bidding on any item indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Venue and jurisdiction of all disputes: Any and all disputes which may arise by virtue of this auction sale or stemming from this auction sale shall be in the courts of New Hampshire.
- The successful purchaser agrees to pay any and all reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by the auction company, the seller and/or their assigns, agents or employees in the commencement or defense of any actions hereunder as well as in the collection of any obligation hereunder.
- By attending an event, you are giving Centennial and its affiliates permission to use your photographic image for any purpose, including advertising and marketing campaigns. These images may be shared and stored on third-party platforms. Should you not wish to appear in any images, please notify the photographer at the event.
- I agree to receive emails from Scofield Auctions, Inc. regarding upcoming auctions.
- These terms and conditions of sale take precedence over any other published terms and conditions.
Revised February 15, 2019
Office- 603-356-5765 Toll free- 800-292-1191
120 N South Road, Unit C, #196, North Conway, NH 03860
Directions to Holiday Inn: Take the Everett Turnpike to Exit 4. From the South, turn left to cross over the highway (from the North, turn right) and then right at the light at the Shell station. Go straight through the next light. The Holiday Inn is just past the McDonald’s on the right. For our out of town buyers, the Manchester Airport (MHT) is only a 25 minute drive from Nashua.
For room reservations, the Holiday Inn can be reached directly at (603) 888-1551. Tell them you’ll be attending the auction